Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interview with Keits of SRK

This was a short interview I did with Keits for a school project. It is going unused now, so I'll just put it up here.

Interviewee:
Adam "Keits" Heart

Q1. What is your staff position at SRK?
1.) I have a lot of job titles on SRK, but they are for the purposes of my resume and making industry contacts, nothing more. I am Editor-in-Chief (I do the news blog), Community Manager (I moderate forums), Media Producer (I edit and publish a podcast), and On Air Personality (I host a podcast and live streams related to SRK/Evo).

 Q2. Were you one of the original staff members at SRK?
2.) No, I was not.

 Q3. What attracted you to want to join the staff?
3.) SRK used to be a fansite and a forum, full of the most knowledgeable people in the world of fighting games. It still is today, but with fighting games booming, I wanted to try to do something productive for the community as a whole. Writing for the front page was something I did in my space time a few time a week for a while, and then they asked me to do it full time. It looks good on my resume, so I joined up. Why not work on something i already love?

 Q4. At what point in time was SRK founded?

4.) SRK was founded by Tom Cannon in 1999 or 2000.

 Q5. What is the mission statement of SRK? Has it satisfied that purpose, to your knowledge?
5.) I'm not sure we have a mission statement, other than to be the one-stop-shop for all fighting game enthusiasts. News, forums, videos, guides, wiki. We want to have it all locked down eventually.

 Q6. Has that purpose changed at any time?
6.) It used to be just a forum with a lot of smart, dedicated members. SRK is a lot more now.

 Q7. Do you feel that SRK (Shoryuken.com) has had a positive impact on the fighting game community, and it’s perception as a whole since it’s founding?
7.) Yes. SRK gives the entire fighting community, not just street fighter, a place to come together. It is a well moderated forum, as well, so you do not have to wade through lots of terrible posts to find worth info/discussion, unlike GameFaqs forums.

 Q8. Is there anything you feel should be done differently with how the site is run?
8.) Everything is peachy from where I'm sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment